img button button button button button button

All Womens Clinic

2100 E Commercial Blvd.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308-3822



Parental Notification/ Judicial Bypass

Under Florida law, almost all minors under age 18 must notify a parent or legal guardian that she is going to have an abortion.

All women under age 25 must bring proof of age to the clinic 

Because of the way the law is written, one of the parents or the legal guardian must accompany the under-age-18 minor to the clinic. The parent/legal guardian must bring documentation proving their relationship to the minor.

Exempted from the above requirement are the so-called emancipated minors, which are defined as those minors who have already birthed and are parenting a child, who are married, or who have been previously emancipated by the court. These emancipated minors are exempted from the Parental Notification requirement.

Women who are unable to notify at least one of her parents or her legal guardian must go to the courthouse and obtain a waiver, which is commonly known as the Judicial Bypass, before having an abortion.

The Judicial bypass is required if: 1. the minor (under age 18) cannot ask one of her parents/legal guardian to accompany her during her appointment at the abortion clinic (emancipated minors are exempted)  2. the minor is in foster care 3.  the minor lives with an unofficial guardian (meaning the person that the minor lives with does not have court papers naming her as the Legal Guardian).

Free legal assistance is available in Florida to obtain a Judicial Bypass in the courthouse. You need to do the following:

* If you live in Broward County, call the Regional Counsel’s office at (954) 831-6565 to be put in contact with an attorney. The address is 201 SE 6th Street, Room 444, Fort Lauderdale                                                                                                               ·
* If you live in Miami-Dade or Monroe County, call the Regional Counsel’s office at (305) 638-6227 to be put in contact with an attorney. The address is 3300 NW 27th Ave, Room 100, Miami

* If you live in Palm Beach County, call (561) 355-2996 to be put in contact with an attorney. The courthouse address is 205 North Dixie Hwy, Juvenile Department, Room 322, 3rd Floor, West Palm Beach  

* If you live in Martin County, call (772) 288-5576 to be put in contact with an attorney. The courthouse address is 100 SE Ocean Boulevard, Juvenile Department, 2ndFloor, Stuart

* If you live in Indian River, call (772) 770-5185 to be put in contact with an attorney. Address is 2000 16th Avenue, 1st Floor, Vero Beach

The attorney will arrange the court appearance, will meet with you and help you prepare for the court hearing. This is a free service. You will not be charged for attorney fees or court costs.

For more information about the Parental Notification law and the free legal assistance that is available, prior to meeting with the attorney you may want to look it over at the “Teens” section of the PATH Project website ( You may also call the PATH Project at (877) 352-7284 if you have questions about the process

Please contact us as soon as possible after getting the Judicial Bypass. We can see you on the same pay or the next day after your call.




FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact All Women's Clinic at the following numbers:
Toll Free: (800) 867-1693 Local calls: (954) 772-HELP (4357) or (954) 772-0933
You also may text your questions to: (954) 805-5821

Our address is 2100 E Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308-3822

[aarowClick here to go back to top]
[aarowClick here to go back to the Home Page]